Beef Serloin Stir Fry Recipe (with Video)
- 1 1/2 lb flank steak You can also use skirt steak or flat iron steak
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger minced
- 3 teaspoons fresh garlic minced
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 green onions
- Slice the beef into thin strips that are 2-inch long and 1/4 inch thick (It’s best to cut against the grain). You can freeze the steak for about 30-45 minutes so that it’s much easier to cut into thin slices.
- Cut beef into thin slices
- In a medium bowl, mix together soy sauce and cornstarch.
- Soy sauce and cornstarch marinade
- Add the beef and let marinate for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours. (If the marinating time is longer than 1 hour, cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.)
- Place a wok or skillet on high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil.
- When the oil is hot, add minced ginger and garlic.
- Saute garlic and ginger
- Once fragrant, stir in marinated beef together with all the sauce. Don’t overcrowd the pan, and cook in small batches if needed.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes. Then add brown sugar, beef broth (or water) and green onions and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Remove beef to a plate.
- In the same wok, add another tablespoon oil, stir-fry the vegetables of your choice for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add back cooked beef and mix with the vegetables. (You can also add cooked noodles)
- Beef stir fry with noodles, broccoli and carrots
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with green onions, serve and enjoy!
Flank, skirt, or flat iron steak work the best for this recipe.
If you are short of time, even a 10-minute marinating makes a big difference, so don’t skip this step.
Wok is best for making Chinese food and works especially well when you need to flash fry the meat at high temperature. If you don’t have a wok, a large skillet will work as well.
Make sure your wok or skillet is hot enough before adding the beef.