Feta Chickpea Burger
- 2 cups dried chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup yellow onion
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup green kale
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 block feta cheese
- 1 fresh tomato
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, for cooking
- Finely chop the onion, parsley and kale. Peeland finely mince the garlic. Set aside.
- Cut the feta cheese into 1/4 inch cubes untilyou reach 1/2 cup. Dice the tomato into 1/4inch pieces until you reach 1/2 cup. Set aside.
- Drain the chickpeas of all water. In a foodprocessor, pulse chickpeas until finely chopped.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the fetacheese and tomatoes to food processor. Pulseuntil just combined.
- Turn out mixture into a large mixing bowl.Fold in the feta cheese and tomatoes untilcombined.
- Form into four patties. Chill for at least an hour
- After patties are thoroughly chilled, heat4 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a SwissDiamond 4.3-qt saute pan over medium heat.Carefully place each patty into the pan. Cookfor approximately 4 minutes on each side, untilpatty is heated through and exterior is crispyand golden.
- Serve on toasted hamburger buns with slicedtomato, sprouts, and spicy aioli. Top withadditional feta cheese if desired.