How to make Puran Poli Recipe at Home
- 300 gms. channa (yellowgram) dal
- 300 gms. jaggery (molasses)
- 1 tsp. cardamom powder
- 150 gms. plain flour
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- warm water to knead dough
- ghee to serve
- Boil dal in plenty of water till soft but not broken
- Drain in a colander for 10-15 minutes.
- Pass through an almond grater little by little till all dal is grated.
- Mash jaggery till lumps break. Mix well into dal.
- Put mixture in a heavy saucepan and cook till a soft lump is formed
- Take care to stir continuously, so as not to charr. Keep aside.
- Mix ghee, flour, add enough water to make a soft pliable dough.
- Take a morsel sized ball of dough, roll into a 4" round.
- Place same sized ball of filling in centre, life all round and seal.
- Reroll carefully to a 6" diameter round
- Roast on warm griddle till golden brown
- Repeat other side.
- Take on serving plate. Apply a tsp. of ghee all over top.
- Shallow fry on griddle like a paratha for a better flavour.
- But this method will consume more ghee and therefore calories.
- Serve hot with dal or amti.
garam masala and some mashed