Juicy Lucy Cheeseburgers
- 1 lb lean ground beef, 93/7
- 1 lb ground pork (see note)
- 1 large egg
- 1 packet burger seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup jalapeños
- Combine the meats, egg, burger seasoning andchipotle in a large bowl and thoroughly mix withyour hands. Don’t mix it too much or too hard,to avoid toughening the meat
- Cover the mixture and refrigerate for 2+ hours.
- After the mixture has chilled, then wash, coreand dice the jalapeños. Combine the shreddedcheddar cheese with the diced peppers.
- Separate the meat into 8 equal portions(approx. 1/4 pound each). Form into 8 patties.
- Make a well in the center of 4 of the patties.Spoon the cheese and pepper mixture into eachof the wells. (You may not end up using it all.)
- Preheat a Swiss Diamond 12.5” fry pan overmedium-high heat.
- Take the 4 remaining patties and place one ontop of each patty holding the cheese. Make sureto seal the edges and that the patties don’thave any cracks in them, or your cheese willooze out during cooking.
- Cook over medium-high heat for two minutesper side to sear, then reduce heat to mediumlow and cook to desired doneness. During thelast minute of cook time, top each of the pattieswith sliced cheese. Cover the pan to help meltthe cheese, if needed.
- Remove the hamburgers from the pan and letrest on a cutting board for 10 minutes. (This letsall the juices re-distribute and stay in the burgerwhen you bite into it!)
- Serve on toasted hamburger buns with lettuce,tomato, bacon, roasted jalapeños and red onion.