Lamb Chops with Mashed Peas & Mint
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 large cloves garlic , chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas (12 ounces), thawed
- 3/4 cup water, plus more as needed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 lamb loin chops (11/2-2 pounds total), trimmed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh min
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant and slightly softened, about 1 minute. Stir in peas, 3/4 cup water and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper on both sides of lamb chops. Heat the re-maining 2 teaspoons oil in a large, ovenproof, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chops and cook until browned on one side, 11/2 to 2 minutes. Turn them over and transfer the pan to the oven.
- Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into a chop registers 135°F for medium-rare, 8 to 12 minutes, depending on thickness
- Meanwhile, transfer the pea mixture to a blender or food processor. Add mint; pulse until coarsely pureed, adding additional water a tablespoon at a time for desired consistency and scraping down the sides as needed.
- Serve the lamb with the pea puree.
added sugars; 26 g protein; 4 g fiber; 590 mg sodium; 419 mg potassium.
Nutrition bonus: Vitamin A (37% daily value), Vitamin C (27% dv). Zinc (25% dv), Iron (17% dv), Folate (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat