OMELETTE WITH ZUCCHINI & CARAMELIZED ONIONS
- 3/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet set over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are starting to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add the grated zucchini and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites and water until combined.
- Wipe out the skillet, coat with cooking spray and increase the heat to medium-high.
- Add the eggs to the skillet and cook until the edges begin to set. Gently lift the edge of the omelet with a spatula and tilt the pan to allow the uncooked egg mixture to run into the bottom of the pan. Continue to do this as the omelet cooks.
- Cook until the center is set. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the vegetable mixture onto half of the omelet and top with the feta cheese.
- With a spatula, loosen the omelette from the pan and fold it in half. Slide it onto a cutting board. Cut the omelet in half and serve, garnishing with parsley.
Serving: 1Half | Calories: 162.8kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.1g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 9.8g | Saturated Fat: 3.2g | Cholesterol: 282.3mg | Sodium: 356.2mg | Potassium: 273.7mg | Fiber: 0.9g | Sugar: 2g