- 4 cup oysters drained; reserve liquid (less, to
- 6 tablespoon butter melted
- 1/2 cup shallots chopped fine
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 300 g light fish stock
- 14 oz artichoke hearts cooked
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon tabasco
- 300 ml double cream
- 3 tablespoon parsley chopped, fresh
- In a 3-quart casserole, melt butter and saute shallots. When shallots are translucent, add thyme, bay leaf and cayenne pepper. Add flour and whisk well.
- First steam the oysters to open them. If you don’t have a steamer, a large wok with a lid should do. Half-fill the wok with water, place a rack in the wok (above the water) and sit the oysters on top, flat side up. Cover and bring the water to the boil.
- Add broth, oyster water, artichoke hearts, salt and tabasco.
- Bring to a boil. Add oysters and parsley.
- Simmer on medium, partly covered, for 5 minutes. Add whipped cream and serve immediately