Smoked Turkey & Farro Salad
- 1 cup farro
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 6- ounce slice deli smoked turkey
- 3/4 inch thick, skin removed, cut into
- 1/2- inch cubes
- 1/2 cup diced smoked cheese such as
- Cheddar or Gouda
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 large stalk celery chopped
- 1 ripe but firm avocado diced
- 3/4 cup slivered soft sun-dried tomatoes
- Place farro in a medium saucepan, add
- enough water to cover by 2 inches and bring to a boil. Stir, reduce heat to a simmer and cook,
- uncovered, until the farro is the desired tender-
- ness, 15 to 25 minutes. Drain and rinse with
- cold water. Drain again.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, vinegar, shallots and
- pepper in a large bowl. Add the farro, turkey,
- cheese, bell pepper, celery, avocado and sun-
- dried tomatoes; toss to coat.
14 g mono); 29 mg cholesterol; 43 g carbohy-
drate; 0 g added sugars; 17 g protein; 8 g fiber;
689 mg sodium; 866 mg potassium.
Nutrition bonus: Vitamin C (109% daily value),
Potassium (25% dv), Iron (16% dv), Calcium &
Magnesium (15% dv).