Thai Tuna Burgers
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/2 cup scallions
- 1 ¼ lb tuna steak (see note)
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- For the Asian coleslaw: Shred thecabbage and carrots. In a bowl,combine rice vinegar, sesame oiland brown sugar. Add cabbage,carrots and broccoli slaw; tossto combine and refrigerate untilready to serve.
- Wash and finely chop thecilantro, mint and scallions.
- Thinly slice the tuna steak.Stack the slices and cut into thinmatchsticks. Cut the matchsticksinto rough cubes, then chop untilthe pieces are roughly 1/8 inch.
- Combine cilantro, mint, fish sauce, soy sauceand brown sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add tuna and scallions; mix until combined.Form into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- In a Swiss Diamond 12.5” fry pan, preheatsesame oil over medium heat. Place panko on aplate; coat each patty with crumbs.
- Cook burgers for 2 minutes on each side, untilexterior is well-browned. Reduce heat and cookto desired doneness.
- Serve on sesame Kaiser rolls topped with Asiancoleslaw.