This lighter tuna casserole recipe is easy to make, full of great flavor, and lightened up with a few simple tweaks.
- 450 g Tuna steaks
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Whole mushrooms
- 1/4 cup celery finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper finely chopped
- 1 large can chow mein noodles
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp. lemon zest plus juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 tbsp.)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease casserole dish.
Combine everything in a casserole dish.
Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the top of the pasta is slightly crispy and golden, and the filling is bubbly on the sides.
Top with remaining noodles and return to oven for 5 min
Stir in the lemon juice.
Remove and serve warm.
Reserve some of the chow mein noodles for the topping.
Serve in shallow bowls. Top with the garlicky breadcrumbs.