Ultimate Bacon Burgers
- 1.4 lb grass fed chuck steak, 80/20
- 0.6 lb Applewood smoked bacon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients for the Special Sauce.Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut the steak into 1” strips, removing any gristleor extra fat. Put both the beef and the bacon inthe freezer for 20 – 30 minutes, until the beef isfirm but not frozen.
- Using a meat grinder or a food processor, finelygrind the beef and the bacon. Mix the groundmeat with your hands, distributing the baconevenly throughout. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a Swiss Diamond grill pan, cook todesired doneness. During the last minute ofcooking, add the cheese to melt.
- Toss the Special Sauce with shredded lettuce.Serve the burgers on Brioche buns with lettucemixture topped with crispy shoestring potatoes.
Chef/Partner of Bottlefork as well as Partner and
Director of Food & Beverage for Rockit Ranch
Productions. Previous to Rockit Ranch Productions,
Chef Hickey worked for Four Seasons hotels and
resorts in California, Dublin and London before
coming back to his native Chicago in 2004, where
he led his team to a Michelin Star and AAA Five
Diamond status. www.bottlefork.com